We’re back for 2011 as part of the Cardiff Design Festival!
Details at a glance
- Milgi Lounge & Bar (in the Garage, Northcote Lane)
- Wednesday night 12th October
- Commence at 8pm
- Live DJ
- FREE Entry
- Referee by audience agreement (in case of a draw we’ll decide)
- With your hosts Alex & Nic
What is it?
Tag-Teams of multi-disciplined designers will take on a collaborative design challenge to illustrate, cut, paste and layout a design, in a showcase to flex their design skills to the max. There can only be one team winner and the audience will decide.
Taking the cue from fight-club style creative battles, with teams of creatives working together to come up trumps with a design and layout they can be proud of; Design Wars promises to be a friendly light-hearted evening of drinks, great conversation and a fantastic opportunity to hook up and meet like minded illustrators and designers around town.
Last year we were designing CD artworks – this year, well … ahem … let’s just say it is a bit of surprise.
How to enter
You can enter as a team, or turn up and we’ll assemble some groups on the night (spaces allowing). Book your team in early to avoid dissapointment so DM @burningred on twitter, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or turn up early to take your chances on the night!
Check out pics of last years event on flickr
Coming to the event?
Still puzzled … well let us explain ….
The idea is that there will be teams of 4 people with people who are interested in doing it – think WWF tag teams. So, there could be teams of 3 or 4 who will work collaboratively to produce a piece from the brief. They would have say 5 mins each and would need to swap over 2 or three times their own time… all the time against the other team.
- The audience would then judge the overall winner based on a few categories.
- Depending how many people are interested – we would do a few heats, with a final.
- We may also have time for a couple of team battles and a couple of individual battles.
- Your work is projected on the wall whilst designing
Nope, you’ve still not explained it properly!
Leave us a message underneath and we’ll elaborate