Want Adobe Lightroom training? Need to upgrade your visual outputs and streamline your process?
Alex is continuing his limited series of photographic training workshops and this time looking to his favourite bit of image software – behold, the mighty Adobe Lightroom!
Far from being some filter-izing demon, Lightroom is all about bulk image management and adjustments. From basic importing to syncing with your favourite networks, from small localised adjustments to global colour adjustments, Lightroom is increasingly becoming the software of choice amongst photography professionals.
‘Why’, I hear you ask? Well, it just does it so much quicker than anything else, boasting great results and non-destructive editing.
Now, couple amazing software (Lightroom and Photoshop) with a robust way of working and you have the ultimate photography editing suite and workflow and it will seriously improve your photographic outputs.
So, I’ve been using Lightroom for about 5 years and it was single handedly the best £100 (or thereabouts) money I’ve spent on software. I’m now doing a couple of sessions on this awesome software, with the first suited towards beginners to intermediate.
What to expect to get out of the session:
- Learn how to handle images from post-shoot to final output for print/web
- Introduction to the working environment
- Importing images from different sources
- Organising your images and catalogues
- Approaches to selecting shots
- Learn how to use presets and creating your own
- Practical workshop element /Worked examples: from import, to Lightroom, to Photoshop, to Lightroom to print / web
- Learn localised adjustments using various tools
- global adjustment
- adjustment brushes
- Discover approaches to outputting and managing your finished pieces
- Ask questions
- Do real examples
What you need to bring:
- Your laptop (plus mouse / tablet / powerpack)*
- A running version of Adobe Lightroom
*We will have 2 computers available for use if you are unable to bring your own.
Adobe Lightroom Training Workshop Details
Want to book an Adobe Lightroom training workshop for you and /or your team? You can specify a date and time that suits you. Book now.
Location: Burning Red Studio, 3 Burt Street, Cardiff CF10 5FZ
Parking: Available on street
Kit to bring: Your laptop / power cable
The sessions will be given by our very own Alex Mills, who has had over 10 years’ experience in this industry, with hundreds of his images published in the UK and internationally (all the shots you see on our site and in our work are pretty much art directed and shot by Alex). You can view an overview of some of his personal favourites and behind the scenes shots on Flickr here.